Date: August 5, 2013 2:15:40 PM EDT
Here are 31 thangs I’ve learned before my 31st bday outside of potty training, etc kid stuff
31. There are such things as “work husbands” but that don’t mean he wants to be your real life husband…
30. Never get a tattoo in the middle of the summertime and wanna go swimming.
29. Don’t borrow money if you know you werent or couldnt pay it back
28. Speak up
27. Major in something lucrative in school
26. Fasting and prayer really works
25. Never ever “date” a traveling musician
24. Google all possible dates before going on a 1st date.
23. You’re parents are your best supporters
22. Stand by what’s right
21. Never take ppl or life for granted
20. Set high expectations and goals
19. Eat well/exercise/water
18. Be a person of your word
17. Get a yearly physical
16. Don’t give up
15. Value friendships/relationships
14. Know when to ask for help
13. Laugh and have fun
12. Negotiate everything
11. Surround yourself w positivity
10. With age comes more wisdom
9. Find wise advisors and listen to them
8. Always trust your woman’s intuition, if you are “wrong” at least you erred on the side of caution
7. Never settle for less just because
6. Compromise sometimes but not always
5. Never throw your “pearls” to swine
4. There are two sides to every story
3. Angels do exist
2. No matter how bad or challenging your childhood may have been. forgive, stop blaming your parents for your problems in adulthood. It is now your responsibility to not repeat the cycle.
1. God can fix what is broke!